First Time Accessing UCPath
UCPath is the University of California's systemwide payroll and personnel system, and you’ll have some set-up tasks to complete the first time you log in. Once you get through Duo and into UCPath, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- It’s voluntary, allowing you to self-identify as to veteran and disability status, race, ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation. You can “decline to state” for any question, though this information provides important data about UC employee diversity and informs UC’s efforts to create an inclusive environment.
- Set up five security questions (click to see preview)
This helps verify your identity and prevent unauthorized access or changes to your financial, health benefits, or personal information.
With that out of the way, you are now able to use the new UCPath online/self-service portal, and here are some suggested things to do:
- Verify your personal information and update if needed
- Learn how to navigate the Self-Service UCPath online Dashboard.
- Make sure to enter a Personal/Home email address. We recommend that all employees should have a personal email set up in UCPath.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit (click to see preview)
- In UCPath, you can designate direct deposits to up to three financial institutions (instead of just one).